Sunny Weather Report Seattle, United States Of America +10°C, Sunny

Traditional war for land in Africa

Traditional war for land in Africa

I noticed a photoseries from Kenia, Africa. I don’t know the exact details, but it is stated that in the beginning of March, members of the Kalenjin and Kisii-tribe were fighting for land. This happened in the Olmelil valley, western Kenia. Twenty deaths are reported.
The reason why I am posting this, is of course because of the bows and arrows, which are clearly visible in the photos. I am amazed by the size of both arrows and bows. I just wanted to share these photos about traditional bws still being used by tribes for warfare. Discussion is welcome.

Traditional_war_for_land_in_Africa_1

Traditional_war_for_land_in_Africa_13

Traditional_war_for_land_in_Africa_14

Traditional_war_for_land_in_Africa_15

Traditional_war_for_land_in_Africa_16

Traditional_war_for_land_in_Africa_17

Traditional_war_for_land_in_Africa_18

Latest posts by Sly (see all)

61 comments

Write a comment
  1. Zane Metcalf
    Zane Metcalf 22 December, 2009, 17:32

I had fun reading this post. I want to see more on this subject.. Thanks for writing this nice article.. In Any Event, I

2. Teresia Boswell
    Teresia Boswell 24 December, 2009, 14:15

Great post mate! Where

3. Cajsa
    Cajsa 3 January, 2010, 17:27

Amazing! They’re really kicking it old school, aren’t they? Too bad humans are still fighting, when we can communicate perfectly good.

4. Marquita Bischke
    Marquita Bischke 17 March, 2010, 23:19

Great post, I bet a lot of work and research went into this article.

5. Comrade Boris
    Comrade Boris 30 March, 2010, 19:38

Yes Comrades, another tribal conflict which will be enhanced with a couple hundred thousand Russian-Made AK-74′s and a few hundred AK-101′s. Yes Comrades, Socialism is the empowerment of the poor; it just takes a few million rounds of 7.62×39, 5.45×39 and 4.6×39 ammunition for democracy to take notice.

Comrade Boris

6. Allan Collins
    Allan Collins 30 March, 2010, 20:48

Back in the late sixties I was in the Kerio area of Northern Kenya surveying a new road. We were welcomed where-ever we went but at one point a local missionary warned us of a war going on between (I think) the Turkana and P’Kot tribes over the ownership of wild beehives. Although we never saw any skirmishes we did see armed bands of warriors from both sides preparing for something nasty… The only differences was that “our” tribesmen were dressed traditionally rather than in Western cast-offs. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

7. Cory
    Cory 13 April, 2010, 11:33

“Too bad humans are still fighting, when we can communicate perfectly good”.

“Perfectly good” eh?

Hahaha…guess not everyone ;)

8. momo
    momo 14 April, 2010, 22:05

Fascinating and depressing at the same time. Birth control could save a lot of lives instead of fighting over resources. But at least they are doing it with bows and arrows.

We do it with depleted uranium shells that poison the land, chemical, biological warfare, nuclear weapons.

What good is the sophistication of civilization if we can’t solve societies basic problems.

9. Albert K Reid
    Albert K Reid 12 July, 2010, 23:15

Wow I find this very interesting. lol

10. burun estetigi
    burun estetigi 8 April, 2011, 04:41

But that’s interesting about Arcade Fire, because the song wasn’t actually in the movie. The movie score was done by that girl from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. So Arcade Fire was purely a marketing choice.
    tr..

11. Mitt Romney
    Mitt Romney 7 November, 2012, 20:25

Wow, what a shock, niggers using caveman tools

Write a Comment

Your e-mail address will not be published.
Required fields are marked*